Friday, June 3, 2011

Pittsburgh Dilapidation circa 2004

As a girl who grew up and spent the first 18 years of her life in Buffalo New York when I first visited Pittsburgh I thought it was top notch ! This is coming from Buffalo  remember- and also the first time I went there I saw David Bowie and Nine Inch Nails at the Starlight Amphitheater (at least I think thats what it was called.) 
That would have been in 1995 ish.

These photos are from a 2004 visit on my own- 4 months pregnant with my daughter. first we visited my friend erica, then went to NYC to see my friend becky. after i returned home to england (bury st edmunds to be precise) my little daughter inside did some of her first kicking and moving about with notice to the outside.

 These images are from a morning walk to a coffee shop not all dilapidation but all contributing to a vibe. I still think Pittsburgh is cool- wouldnt want to live on east coast anymore as i feel i have gravitated towards a mellow between east and west and though i am too fast for out here at times i am way too mellow for back there... and it too cold for I.








No comments:

Post a Comment