Friday, July 22, 2016

the changing face of fremont, seattle










The changing face of Fremont, Seattle.
My parents moved to Seattle in 1997 from Buffalo New York.
At that point Seattle became my second "Home" where I went on holidays when others went home.
Since that point I watched Seattle Grow - visiting yearly, training to be a yoga instructor here and eventually settling here with my little family in 2007.
Fremont was a very very diffrent neighborhood from the hip and happening bar scene you now see before you.
in the 90's it had industry, warehouses, lots of shops featuring local artist and craftspeople. Today the small houses you see above are disappearing fast the closer into Fremont proper you are.
This one will be destroyed very soon, if it hasn't already.
Make way for the huge townhomes compressed together, staring at one another, trying to get just that bit higher then the one built two months prior.
I photographed it before moving out to the kitsap Penensula where the pursuit of hipness does not feel so strong, Hallejuallah.

No comments:

Post a Comment